Last Updated on
Worship songs that set the stage for heaven to come meet us here on Earth is so near and dear to my heart. I truly believe a generation of worshippers like David is emerging during this incredibly weird chapter of history we’ve been living through, and I’ll be darned if the rocks cry out on my behalf. Spontaneous, Jesus led, unscripted worship is my very favorite, which is why you’ll notice that’s what many of these are.
I hope you enjoy this list of some of my very favorite worship songs. Let’s go after the presence of God together.
This isn’t the first time I’ve had a post all SEO’ed and qued up, ready to publish for the week, when God gave me something different.
“Write to her.” That’s what dropped in my heart as these points for this post started coming to me. I was sitting in a waiting room in McAfee Heating and Air while Sophia’s Kindergarten assessment when it started flowing in my mind, quickly combatted by thoughts like:
They’re going to think you’re crazy.
You’re going to look like a nut.
Are you sure you want to write that?”
Wow. If the push back to NOT write this was so strong, you know what that probably means? That I should definitely write it.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t hesitant being this transparent, but that’s fine because God’s glory matters more than my vulnerability or fear of not being liked. Everybody didn’t like Jesus, and we’re supposed to be imitators of God, so here we go.
“Write to her.” If you’re still reading, I’m going to assume you’re “her”. I’m writing for the one.
I’m writing for the woman who needs a breakthrough.
I’m writing for the one who needs God to show up.
I’m writing for the one that needs to remember the vastness of the God we serve.
I’m writing for the one who needs to remember who she is in Christ and be fully and beautifully washed in His love.
I’m writing to her.
When I was reading my Bible several months ago, I was reading in Joshua about the walls of Jericho and the children of Israel. The Lord showed me in an instant that Jericho was literal, but it’s a metaphor, too. Praise breaks down spiritual walls because all of our battles are not physical; they’re spiritual.
Praise tears down walls much in the same way as the shouts of God’s people tore down literal walls. What’s your Jericho today?
What do you need to praise through until you see a breakthrough? What are you believing for?
Whatever it is for you, I strongly encourage you to keep the faith. Mind your thoughts and make sure they are lining up with Who God is and His best for you. Remember how big your God is.
Praise Him before it makes sense. Worship through it. God has a way of showing up bigger and more amazing that we could have ever wrapped our minds around.
Why Do We Worship?
- To thank God for the numerous times He has showed up for us and for His blessings in our life.
- To worship who He is.
- To revere His character.
- To refresh our spirits and physical bodies. Worship is the ultimate act of self care because it renews your strength and refreshes you from the inside out.
- To raise our faith up by thanking Him for what we can’t yet see.
- To break down Jericho-like walls.
- To welcome in the Lord and bring His glory down from heaven.
- To put the enemy back in his place and remind him how big our God is.
- To give Him burdens to we’ve tried to carry.
- To zap fear, anxiety, and depression at their roots, give those burdens back to the One who already paid the price for our sickness (physical and emotional) and run for the hills.
- That’s all we’re going to do on Heaven. We might as well practice 😉
12 Ways to Worship
- Thank Him.
- Believe Him.
- Honor Him.
- Speak in our prayer language.
- Dance like David did.
- Raise our arms as a sign of total surrender.
- Welcome Him in your heart and life heart, home, life, kids, marriage, car, bedroom, and anything in between.
- Give it up – whatever “it” is.
- Relinquish control. Spoiler, worry doesn’t help anyway. I love this reminder from Matthew 6.
- Forget what the people beside you think. This is just you and Jesus.
Now let’s dive in with these amazing worship songs!
Favorite Worship Songs in 2020
- Lean back | Amanda Cook and Chandler Moore
- Refiner | Maverick City Music feat. Steffany Gretzinger and Chandler Moore
- No One Ever Cared for Me like Jesus | Steffany Gretzinger
- Communion | Steffany Gretzinger and Brandon Lake
- This is a Move | Brandon Lake and Tasha Cobbs
- Here Again | Rheva Henry with Bethel Music
- Reign Above it All | The McClures
- How He Loves | Jesus Culture
- Surrounded | Upper Room
- So will I | Hillsong
- Another in the Fire | Hillsong
- Tremble | Mosiac MSC
- Prophesy your Promise | Brian and Katie Torwalt
- Touch of Heaven | David Funk
- See a Victory | Elevation Worship
- Goodness of God | Bethel Worship feat. Jenn Johnson
- Build My Life | Pat Barrett
- Nothing Else | Cody Carnes
- Stand in Your Love | Bethel Music
- Reckless Love | Cory Asbury
- Good Grace | Hillsong
- How Great is Your Love | Passion
- Lion and the Lamb | Bethel Music
- Do It Again | Elevation Worship
- Graves into Gardens | Brandon Lake
- Rescue | Lauren Daigle
- The God Who Stays | Matthew West
- Rescue Story | Zach Williams
- I Know | Big Daddy Weave
- Famous For | Tauren Wells
- The Blessing | Elevation Worship feat. Cody Carnes and Kari Jobe
- Raise a Hallelujah | Elevation Worship
- Even When It Hurts | Hillsong
- God of Revival | Bethel Music
- The Father’s House | Cory Asbury
- Defender | Francesca Battistelli feat. Steffany Gretzinger
- Canvas and Clay | Pat Barrett
- There was Jesus | Zach Williams feat. Dolly Parton
- Oceans | Hillsong United
- I Will Fear No More | The Afters
- Haven’t Seen it Yet | Danny Gokey
- It is Well | Bethel Music feat. Kristene DiMarco
- Known | Tauren Wells
- Champion | Bethel Music feat. Dante Brown
- Fear is a Liar | Zach Williams
- You’ve Always Been | Unspoken
- Most Beautiful / So in Love | Chandler Moore
- My Hallelujah | Brian and Katie Torwalt
- Pour Me Out | Brandon Lake
- Dancing on the Waves | We the Kingdom
- Miracles | Jeremy Riddle
- Good and Loved | Travis Greene and Steffany Gretzinger
- Your Will, Your Way | Brian and Katie Torwalt
- Remember | Brian and Katie Torwalt
- When You Walk Into A Room | Brian and Katie Torwalt
- Spirit Break Out | Kim Walker Smith
- Break Every Chain | Jesus Culture
- No Longer Slaves | Jonathan David and Melissa Helser | We will Not Be Shaken
- Give Me Jesus | Steffany Gretzinger and Jeremy Riddle
- Rattle | Elevation Worship
- Here as in Heaven | Elevation Worship
- Way Maker | Upper Room
- Endlessly | Capital City Music
- Love Song | Nathan Taylor
- Come Alive | Dante Bowe
- Champion | Dante Bowe
- Sparrows | Cory Asbury
What are some of your favorite worship songs? Leave a comment below and tell me yours!
Don’t forget to pin for later because, if you’re like me, you’re going to forget the names of most of these 😂
Have a lovely day, sweet friend!