This post is a thorough review of the course, Blogging Blastoff. Is Blogging Blastoff worth it? In a word, absolutely, 100%. I would recommend it to anyone I know one hundred times over, but it’s not a miracle investment. You have to take the knowledge you learn, and do something constructive with it.
It is an incredible spring board if you build upon it. So let’s do it!
Today I wanted to share my honest Blogging Blastoff review so you can decide if it’s right for you!
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on or purchase a product through links in this post, I may receive a commission at no charge to you. You can read my full Disclosure Policy here.
Is Blogging Blastoff Worth the Price?
I think the first time I heard of the name Heather Reese was when I was on Pinterest a couple years ago. A pin for an income report they had published caught my eye for over $100,000 per month (you can read their income reports here). I think that would be enough to catch anyone’s eye.
I trusted them pretty quickly because after seeing screenshots of that kind of income, it became obvious to me that they knew a thing or two about blogging.
I skimmed through a lengthy income report and repinned it for later. Then I repeated that post and several others like it more times than I could count. I’d had the idea to start a blog but had never pulled the trigger.
I had even gotten so far as to plan it out in excruciating detail (like a five page Word Doc), got overwhelmed, and never executed (if you struggle with sticking to your goals and accomplishing them, read this).
I couldn’t seem to make myself pull the trigger on several hundred dollars.
Then one night, I started my blog on a whim when I was three weeks postpartum, sitting at the dining room table, nursing Lexi. In hindsight, it’s kind of funny. It was random and ridiculous, because hello, hormones!
I went through the set up steps and installing a few plugins after going through a random how to start a blog post I’d found; still with no earthly idea what I was doing. I was just kind of nodding and smiling through it.
I don’t even remember how I decided to take the plunge into Pete and Heather’s course, because it was an investment.
All I knew I didn’t want to waste the money I had already poured into my blog between that and my hosting cost, so I knew I had to give this thing a real chance.
That was about a year and a half ago now, and I can say without a doubt that Blogging Blastoff was one of the very first investments I made into my blog. And it was 1,000% worth it because I kept going build on what they laid out in the course.
🌟 Investing in this or any course alone is not going to increase your traffic, build virtual friendships, market your blog, or create revenue for you. But if you use it as a start-up cost, like any other business, I think you will find it to be a worthwhile long term investment like I did.
Now let’s get to the nitty gritty.
Pete and Heather Reese’s Blogging Blastoff Review
I always take reviews with a grain of salt because I feel like most people that leave them were either really impressed or really unimpressed.
In my humble opinion, it was one of two of the best investments of my blogging career so far, and I would retake it over and over (the other was Pinterest with Ell)!
I’m just going to write this with the assumption that if you’re reading this, you’re interested in starting a blog. If you’re interested in starting a blog, I’m not going to lie to you: it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Those dudes that make 6 figures in a month within a few months are the exception, not the rule.
Blogging is an onion. There are many layers and that makes it a big animal to conquer and do well because there are so many aspects, and it’s worked well for me to get a solid understanding of one before moving on to another. This takes time, effort, and work. But you can do it. 😉
What will you learn in Blogging Blastoff?
At a glance: The very first thing you’ll do is a 5 day crash course, to get your wheels turning first in the direction you want to go, then to get your blog existing.
It’s fun, it’s exciting, and it’s overwhelming all at the same time!
They break you in easy by doing a rundown of who bloggers are, choosing a niche, and various money-making systems to help you create a blog which has the potential to one day become a money making blog. They also include assignments, which are always optional, but doing them will help you and improve your understanding. They definitely helped me!
Pro tip: Ask the questions that make you feel like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
One of my favorite perks of this course is the exclusive invitation to their two Facebook groups: one for tech help, and one for all blogging related questions. They are always kind, helpful, and quick to get back with you!
I was a total newbie, so I appreciated the incredible attention to detail the course provided, even when I didn’t fully understand it. I had no idea how much work, time, effort, and learning went into blogging until I started one!
I have loved the lifetime access feature because I was totally overwhelmed at first, but as I’ve learned more on different topics, I’ve revisited and re-read sections with more understanding than what I originally had.
They also go into email lists, social media, SEO, and more! It was incredibly thorough and overall, had tons of knowledge locked and loaded in it.
What they cover
- The nitty gritty details of how to actually set up your blog. This helped me immensely when I had just started my blog!
- All things social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest)
- Email lists
- Affiliate marketing
- Product creation
- Characteristics of awesome blogs and bloggers
- Photography & videography
- Event coverage
- Legal pages, how to protect your blog, and why it matters
Pros and Cons
What I loved:
- Saves you insane amounts of time. We’re talking hundreds of hours because it is 10 years worth of learning is compressed into one place!
- Saves you money. It is an upfront investment, but it’s still cheaper than purchasing course after course trying to learn it bit by bit. They also have an option for a payment plan.
- Real time blogging help from seasoned professionals (Facebook group). They’re super nice and quick to get back to you.
- Real time tech help from a serious tech guru (Facebook group). I would have been LOST without Arne many times!!
- Lifetime access. I have revisited and reread different parts as I’ve learned more and understood more! This also means free access to lifetime updates.
- Self paced. It’s laid out for 30 days, but it probably took me two to get through it!
- Generous affiliate commission (33%).
- Incredibly extensive and thorough information.
- Brand new platforms that are user friendly.
- Updated course recently rolled out.
- Detailed definitions and step by steps for complete beginners.
- Though it is obviously geared towards new bloggers, both seasoned bloggers and brand newbies could learn from it, in my opinion.
- They’re incredibly knowledgeable. They have been blogging for over 10 years and have condensed 10 years of learning into one place for us!
- Ability to share for households. For example, if your husband wants to start a blog one day, he can use your login!
- Save money when you pay upfront.
What I didn’t love:
- Pinterest information is general and dated after recent algorithm changes. To be fair, Pinterest changes like the wind. If you need more information on Pinterest, check out my full review of Pinterest with Ell here, or click here for more information!
- Overwhelming when you’re brand new. Which honestly, that’s hard to avoid no matter where you gather information from. In my opinion, not having to search it out and find so many varying opinions was incredibly helpful.
- Upfront cost is $397 – but there is also that payment plan option if that’s easier for you! The payment plan would be three payments of $157.
- Traffic challenges are time consuming and cast a broad net. I did gain a few real followers from them, but I always felt like I put more time into it than many other bloggers did. In addition, it’s so broad, it’s hard to find people you really click with – though you may get some! It’s definitely worth a try!
- Sometimes it’s a server problem, and since they are affiliated with Bluehost, they can’t always help if you have a different host. I experienced this because I have and love Siteground.
To recap, of course there are downfalls, but OVERALL, I absolutely feel it has been an amazing resource and so worth the investment.
I would take it again and recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat!
I have always felt that the pros far outweighed the cons.
Blogging Blastoff was the thing that helped me get my blog off the ground and give me beginner – intermediate knowledge on all things blogging. To be honest, without it, I don’t believe I would be where I am today.
Have you taken Blogging Blastoff?! What did you love about it?